Search for Projects
Projects by Industry Type
Projects by Category Type
Projects by Services Provided
List All Projects
PARKING GARAGE DESIGNERS
AKRON CHILDRENS HOSPITAL - CONDITION ASSESSMENT
WEATHERPROOFING TECHNOLOGIES INC.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Structural Design - Restoration
Construction Administration / Observation
Upgrades / Renovation
Owner's Rep (Construction)
VP Samy, P.E.
The Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Akron is a multi-building facility, consisting of a large main hospital building, and various sized “satellite” buildings. The construction of the buildings is generally masonry with locations of metal panel and concrete panel façades in certain locations. The main hospital building consists of many different additions, constructed prior to 1900 to around 2005. O&S was retained to provide a condition survey of the entire campus and input our findings into BEMAP. We discovered the following deterioration at the facility.
* General age related masonry deterioration, such as scaled and debonded mortar joints, and spalled and cracked bricks are occurring throughout the façades. Severity of deterioration increases with age of the building/building section.
* Steel lintels at wall openings have corroded and are causing wall displacement in many locations. In certain locations, the deterioration was severe and the façade had become unstable.
* Failed sealants were observed in many locations, allowing moisture intrusion into the wall systems. Excessive moisture was observed evacuating the wall at certain locations.
* Pedestrian bridges were observed to have various types of deterioration, including saturated E.I.F.S., cracked concrete façade panels, and failed sealants
O&S Associates performed the following scope of services:
* Campus-Wide Condition Survey
* Recommended Repair Programs
* Included Parking Garage Facades
* Findings and Reports Uploaded into BEMAP
* Includes Interactive 3D modeling of the buildings
* Includes “at fingertip” access to assessment results and building conditions
O&S ASSOCIATES INC